Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Louis Loius

Tomorrow I will be tasting a range of wines from Louis Jadot, and as such I would like to share some of what I have learned about the esteemed winery.


  • Maison LJ was founded in 1859 by Louis Henry Dennis Jadot
  • Based in Beaune, France
  • 154 hectacres in Burgundy ranging from Côte d'Or to the Mâconnais and down into Beaujolais
  • All labels bear the head of Bacchus, the god of wine!
  • Team of 70 employees!
  • For the past 20 years they have not used synthetic fertilizers or herbicides

Chardonnay for the WHITES
Pinot Noir for the REDS
Gamay for BEAUJOLAIS

Have you tried LJ before?  Thoughts?  Favorites?  Disappointments?

I myself had their Beaujolais Villages just a few weeks back in wine class.  Most people don't like Beaujolais, but it holds a special place in my glass as I have only recently discovered it.  And I quite like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment