|Chateau Dubois Challon with some confit de pork|
Not only was it our anniversary and a big summer sale for Anna, but it was also the launch of two of our new wines and our new gourmet food.
- Scottish salmon with cream cheese, garlic, and herbs
- German salami squares
- Italian Truffle provolone crackers
- French foie gras and fig jam crackers
- Rustic bread topped with French pork confit, olives, and tomatoes
- Rustic bread topped with French goose terrine and chestnuts, tomatoes and pickles
- Melon wrapped in German ham
And then there was the wine! Ohh the wine.
We started with my favorite, Uvagio Storico Prosecco. Small persistent bubbles with a nice toasty yeasty flavor. Always a crowd pleaser.
|Speaking of crowd pleasers, hey Jordan!|
|Cheers Andrew, Young Lionel, Paul, and Jordan!|
Did you know that last year 82% of the wine consumed in Hong Kong was red!? True story, so onto our other new premiere.
Chateau Haut Veryac 2009 Saint Emilion Grand Cru. The unanimous response to this wine was shock at the drinkability. We all expect big austere tannins, but wrong we were. It was soft, expressive of red fruit, and totally ready to drink now. Right on 2009.
What are your go to celebration wines? How do you imbibe on birthdays, anniversaries, Groundhogs day?