Thursday, February 16, 2012

WWT

JC and Tony Yuen

Another fun evening at Sakesan.  Last night we had eleven guests join us for am evening of international wines and food.  JC led the evening and was assisted by Tony Yuen, Ambassador for Aromaster.  Aromaster is a recent purchase here at HOFW.  It's a kit of 88 scents to smell along side your wine.  In addition to the scents, it also comes with literature about which varietals usually exhibit which scents.  As JC described the wines, Tony picked out the matching aromas and passed them around the table.  Cool party trick, no?

I <3 Bubbles



On the table we had German ham, cheese, salmon, crackers, Spanish scallops and sardines, and as always, foie gras and truffle toasts.  In the glasses we started with RC Lemaire Rose de Saignee Champagne.  I don't know if I've ever had rose Champagne before, but I know definitely will again!  Stuff was smooth.  I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm digging the bubbles these days.  Then we moved onto our 2010 Chateau de Tourtes Sauvignon Blanc.  Of the whites we carry, this is my favorite.  Our guests, however, seemed less than excited about it.  To each his own.  For the reds we tasted Italian Barolo Verga, 2003 Chateau Haut Veyrac Saint Emilion Grand Cru, and Martyn Cendoya Reserva.  It seemed the 2003 Grand Cru was the crowd favorite, although the Cendoya had a pretty good following as well.  JC loves his Spanish wines!


My Favorite White
Crowd Pleaser
JC's favorite

No comments:

Post a Comment