Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Spa Day

Congratulations, you've made it through the first half of the week!   This, like all, has been an exciting week here at HOFWs.

Monday evening Julia and I ran over to Agnes B in the IFC for a tasting with the Rhone Vignobles.  The Rhone Vignobles is a compilation of producers from-you guessed it- the Rhone Valley, France.  Together they represent excellence, sustainability, innovation, and most importantly delicious wines!

We got there with only 40 minutes to go and as such had to skip about half of the tables.  I can say that everything we tasted was fantastic.  There were some lighter wines, and maybe some less complex, but you could tell they were all high high quality.



I am totally into big fleshy whites (get your mind out of the gutter), and the Rhone really caters to this with their Viognier, Marsanne, and Roussanne varietals.  Some highlights:

Domaine Francois Villard- Condrieu 2011---- 100% Viognier.
           Something about Rhone Viogniers brings me back to vineyard tours in Virginia, I'm guessing because that's the style and grape they grow, so it's all very nostalgic and homey for me.

Chateau Revelette- Le Grande Blanc 2011---60% Chard, 25% Roussanne, 10% Sauv B, and 5% Ugni Blanc (aka Trebianno).
            Oy oy oy.  Give me a pool of this and I will swim everyday!

Of the reds a quick favorite was Domaine Yves Cuilleron- Saint Joseph 2010-----100% Syrah.
             Peppery and light, this would be my pick as Barbera of France.  Pizza!

And we finished off with Domaine Delubac- 50% Syrah 50% Grenache that was just to die for.

But alas, the clock struck 6:30 (actually closer to 7) and these kids were thrown to the curb.  The couple bites we managed to sneak in were wonderful too!  Next time we'll be on time!

The next day it was more of the same.  Catching up on emails, invoicing, foot massages after lunch.

Say what?



I had the privilege to check out Central newcomer, Kiwi,  for a 55 minute foot rub down.  This massage totally had me wishing we had an office in Central just so I could run down for a quickie during lunch.

Clean, modern, convenient, and won't break the bank.  What more can you ask for?  Ask for Joe, he was amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment