Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Restaurant Wines

While writing up a wine list proposal for a new restaurant, I got to thinking about what people look for on a list.  What grabs your attention most?  Is it the grape, the region, the price?  Or do you just go with whatever the sommelier recommends?  My tendency is to gravitate towards the unusual, but I suppose I'm a bit atypical in that respect. 

So today I thought I would highlight some of my favorite wine lists around town.


Taverna del Mar
With the likes of a 100% Xarel-lo (most often seen as one of 3 grapes in Cava) and Fino Sherry by the glass, this is a must if you're a nut for Spain.
11 Hoi Kwong Street, Quarry Bay
9311 5005 / 2813 6355



La Cabane (I can't get enough!)
A portfolio of all natural wines from France, these are both healthy, unusual, and mouth smacking delicious.  I strongly recommend Les Mortiers 2009.
62 Hollywood Road, Central
2776 6070

Habibi Cafe
With wines from Lebabon, Egypt, Australia, Italy, and more, I think you would be hard pressed not to find something interesting or unique to you here!
112 Wellington Street, Central
2544 3886

Lupa
Pages. and Pages. and Pages of fine Italian wines.  Barbera to Sangiovese to Nero d'Alvo to Garganega, this is for aficionados de vinos Italianos.
3/f, LHT Tower, 31 Queen's Road, Central
2796 6500



Where do you go to for a glass of wine?

No comments:

Post a Comment