Tuesday, September 18, 2012

My Musings on Champagne

Greg will be hosting a sparkling wine party this evening, and to get into the spirit I thought I would share some of my thoughts about this sparkling wine with you.

First off, I am no expert here.  In fact, Champagne just tastes like Champagne to me.  All of it.  I suppose I can tell a good one from a bad one, but middle of the road?  They may as well all be the same. I have studied it in class.  I understand how its made.  The time.  The careful effort.  But at the end of the day, your glass is just filled with bubbles.  Highly acidic, toasty bubbles. 

I can appreciate a tall glass of champers after a long hot day, preferably at an art gallery.  Isn't there just something about art that spells out b-u-b-b-l-y?  But would I go out and blow $1,000 Honkie on a Saturday night?  No, I'd much prefer a rich reasonably priced Semillon from Australia.  But that's just me.
 

So where does the romance come from?  I for one always have a bottle of sparkles on Valentine's Day, but why?  It's winter, let's bust out that Baileys!

Why for celebrations?  I passed the CFA (level 1 exam, let's not get ahead of ourselves). Drink the months of torture down with some relieving effervescence??


Can anyone add some insight into my internal conflict??  Am I just not getting it?  Perhaps more comprehensive research is in order.  Greg, where's the RC Lemaire!?

No comments:

Post a Comment